Welcome to KIM Ohana's Blog

Welcome to Kaua`i Island Ministries (KIM) Ohana’s online blog. A safe place of refuge with timely messages of hope, connection and above all a place where we can feel at home. We will have messages from many different sources, helpful tips and hints, study aids, quotes of the day, scripture of the day and a whole lot more! So tune in and stop by when you can don’t forget to leave a comment or two. Aloha!

Monday, March 23, 2009

PRIDE KILLS

That's right, pride kills! Hear what Proverbs says; "He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife, but he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered". Verse 26 A, says, "He who trust in his own heart is a fool". This is a good picture of PRIDE, trusting in your own heart thinking you know it all and thinking your someone special. Pride is the BIG RIP OFF!!!

So look around and when you see strife and arguing there is pride.

"I don't need God's or anyone else's help. I can handle it by myself." Oh no, you can't! We absolutely need God and each other.

The apostle Paul wisely wrote, "We worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh" (Philippians 3:3). That is a good definition of humility: putting no confidence in the flesh, that is, in ourselves; but, rather being "strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might" (Ephesians 6:10).

Humility is confidence properly placed in God. Pride is trusting in yourself. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil" (James 4:5-6).

I love the Father heart of Apostle Peter in 1 Peter 5:5-6, Remember Peter was a very proud foolish fisher man in his earlier years. Now hear his heart to the younger believer as he writes his first letter to "the church".

Like wise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders, Yes, all of you be submissive to one an other, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble". Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you.

Having a hard time with somebody? With your wife? With your kids? With your boss? Be the first to humble out and get some grace on the relationship and see the devil run. He does not know what to do with a humble heart, but pride is the first weapon the enemy reach's for.

Let's pray.

Holy Spirit, I really need your help in the area of pride. You said that pride goes before destruction and an arrogant spirit before stumbling. I confess that I have been thinking mainly of myself and not of others. As a result, I have given ground to the devil in my life. I have open the door to pride and arrogant. I have sinned by believing I could be happy and successful on my own. I confess that I have placed my will before Yours, and I have centered my life around myself instead of You. I repent of my pride and selfishness and I choose to rely on the Holy Spirit's power and guidance so I will do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit. Holy Spirit help me to be humble and helpful. Help me to regard others as more important than myself. Please show me now all the specific ways in which I have lived my life in pride. Help me through love to serve others and in honor to prefer others. I ask this in Jesus wonderful powerful name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment