Welcome to KIM Ohana's Blog

Welcome to Kaua`i Island Ministries (KIM) Ohana’s online blog. A safe place of refuge with timely messages of hope, connection and above all a place where we can feel at home. We will have messages from many different sources, helpful tips and hints, study aids, quotes of the day, scripture of the day and a whole lot more! So tune in and stop by when you can don’t forget to leave a comment or two. Aloha!

Monday, March 23, 2009

WHAT'S MY PURPOSE HERE? PT. 2

Let's look again at Revelation 4:8-11, "The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come! Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: "YOU ARE WORTHY, O LORD, TO RECEIVE GLORY AND HONOR AND POWER; FOR YOU CREATED ALL THINGS, AND BY YOUR WILL THEY EXIST AND WERE CREATED."

I ask you to guard against your own human tendencies, because it sounds so simple and so abstract that your mind will want to treat it lightly and will fail to see how important and how all-encompassing it is. For when God's purpose fully possesses your mind and heart, the entire meaning of life will become crystal clear to you. So let me remind you the whole of your purpose here on earth, with your living and your dying is to, "Give glory and Honor and Praise to God. You exist to bring Him pleasure and to give Him glory." In all that we do, in work, in family, in sports etc.

Lord, if this one simple truth could reach into the depths of every Christian, what an impact we could have on our work places and communities. Help us Lord to catch this important truth. Now I understand what Paul meant, when by the Spirit of God said, "For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen" (Romans 11:36). This statement by Paul is more than just a nice thing to say about God - it is a revelation of our while purpose for existence. We are created for His pleasure - to please and honor and glorify Him. This is our highest existence.

LORD, HERE I AM

Something deep, lasting and satisfying would happen in us if we awoke each morning with this purpose churning deep within, realizing that we have awakened to another day in which to give Him glory; a day to worship Him; a day to give ourselves to Him. If we could begin each day and say, Lord, here I am to glorify You. You gave me this body and these hands to worship You. You gave me a heart with the capacity to love You. You gave me a mind by which to glorify You. You gave me a tongue to speak of Your honor, to speak of Your beauty and majesty.

O Lord, how can I give You pleasure? This is a good prayer to pray. Can you imagine if the Church had a revelation of this the radical truth and walked in it, how it would impact our communities? If this attitude would take hold of us, we would find a fulfillment and satisfaction that nothing on the earth could ever equal - and we would move forward in absolute certainty of our purpose for existence.

TO BRING GLORY TO GOD

Without God's purpose our Christian lives will become job oriented or task oriented instead of being consumed with bringing glory to God. Every purpose no matter how religious or noble it seems - other than the one purpose of God, revealed in all its beautiful simplicity in Revelation 4:8-11, is a lesser purpose and it will fall short of bringing pleasing or glory to God.

SURE I KNOW

The tragedy for many of us is that neither the Lordship of Christ nor the purpose of God become a living, experiential truth. They remain only intellectual and doctrinal beliefs. The human mind is tricky, we can hear a teaching on the Purpose of God and say, "good word", "Oh sure, I know that truth," or "of course we should give glory to God". Or we may say, "That's so elementary and basic", we say without it ever entering the depths of our being and become our sole motive and reason for living.

FINAL WORD

Colossians 3:17, "And whatever you do in word or deed, do ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." One day this verse came alive to me as I was meditating on it at work. (as a young Christian and bummed out - grumbling and complaining about the job I was given to do). This verse changed my perspective on the things I do and how I do them and who am I doing it for. It became a fresh revelation to give God glory in my word and deed. Doing it unto the Lord, this change my whole attitude in everything. I felt I was full of God because I now was doing it for Him, serving Him to bring Him glory. I realized it wasn't about me, but Him.

IN JESUS NAME

Our minds must be constantly stirred up about doing everything in the name of Jesus. We need to remind ourselves and sometimes we need others to remind us to do everything in His powerful name. Glorifying the Lord Jesus is a deep inner - attitude that causes us to call upon Him many times during the day. "Lord, give me your wisdom, give me more love for people. You said that the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord - I believe that . Please guide me today" in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment